The Community Café is a virtual gathering where our Academy members can ask and receive answers to their most pressing nonprofit questions. The Café concept is based on the World Cafe Model.
Join the Conversation
This discussion model is designed to spark meaningful conversations and questions that result in a pollination of ideas and direct answers from the group and our cafe host. The chief aim of the Community Café is to offer answers to pressing questions posed by our Academy Members. In the absence of questions posed, we will still have discussions concerning relevant nonprofit and charitable topics.
Wednesdays at 12:00pm (EST)
**The first Wednesday of every month – Cafe Meetings are held at 7:00pm EST.
Common Disscussion Topics
- How do I pay myself?
- Should I pay my board members?
- Who should be on my board?
- How do I operate my nonprofit in other states?
- Do I have to file an IRS 990?
- Am I eligible for grants right now?
- Nov 4th – Common Grant Application (This Cafe will be @ 7:00pm EST)
- Nov 11th – Common Grant Application
- Nov 18th – Searching for mission-aligned funding
- Dec 2nd – Nonprofit Budgets (This Cafe will be @ 7:00pm EST)
- Dec 9th – 2021 Strategy
- Dec 16th – Member Questions
- Jan 6th – HAPPY New Year!! Member Questions (This Cafe will be @ 7:00pm EST)
- Jan 13th – Member Questions
- Jan 20th – Member Questions
Community Cafe Weekly Agenda
Evening Cafe Sessions
Evening sessions are held on the 1st Wednesday of every month from 6:30pm to 8:30pm EST. Join us at a time that suits you!
- 6:30pm – New Member Orientation
- 7:00pm – Q&A for Pre-Start Up Nonprofits.
- 7:30pm – Expert Coaching
- 8:00pm – Q&A for Existing Nonprofits
Afternoon Cafe Sessions
Afternoon sessions are held on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesday of every month from 11:30am to 1:30pm EST. Join us at a time that suits you!
- 11:30am – New Member Orientation
- 12:00pm – Q&A for Pre-Start Up Nonprofits.
- 12:30pm – Expert Coaching
- 1:00pm – Q&A for Existing Nonprofits
A Message for our Academy Members
Although there are discussion topics for every Cafe, your questions are our priority. We’ll use our time together to address the pre-scheduled discussion topics only if there are no questions or once all questions have been answered.
- Many of our Cafes will be recorded and on-demand (for Academy Members only)!
- Emailing your questions in advance is the best why to let us know about topics that you are most interested in. Simply sign into the Academy Member Center and send your questions. Questions should be sent at least 2 days in advance.
Note: Although we will do our best, we may not have an opportunity to answer every question submitted. If your question is sent to us, but not answered during our live Cafe, don’t worry! It is our goal to post responses to questions that we get on our Member Center page.