Ready To Grow Your Organization?
We help nonprofits position their organizations for success through coaching and training.
Join the Academy!
Would you like to pay for the year?
Want to learn more?
Meet the CEO! Join Cheryl Smith on the Academy info sessions where she’ll discuss the Community Heroes program and talk about each membership level.
There’s a bonus for staying with her until the end of the session!
What our Members Say
Meet Our CEO!
“Supporting the nonprofit community is my purpose. Community Heroes is my path. I plan to spend my life with you, creating a better world.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Membership frequent questions and answers
The Heroes Award is a cash sponsorship of up to $1.000 offered to one of our Discovery or Discovery Plus Members for doing amazing charitable work in their community. This award is given in November on Giving Tuesday!
Memberships do not include free private consultation. Many times, private consultation involves helping you to identify a plan of action for solving the issue or accomplishing your charitable goal(s).
- Discovery Plus members can join us during our Community Café sessions which are held (3 out of 4) Wednesdays. During these sessions, Cheryl and/or one of our expert partners deliver coaching and answer member questions concerning nonprofit matters.
- For private one-on-one consultation, Discovery members receive a 50% discount off of our current consultation rates.
Community Heroes Pathways are connected e-learning webinars and learning materials that allow Discovery Plus members to build knowledge progressively for a particular goal. Pathways take the guesswork out of which webinars are best for your goal, and in what order you should view them in. Best of all, pathways include weekly live coaching and opportunities to network with others as you develop new skills along the way!
- NEO (New and Emerging Organizations): This Pathway is recommended for anyone considering starting a nonprofit or for newly formed nonprofits that are under a year old.
- P2P (Path to Profit): This Pathway is recommended for nonprofit leaders that are centrally focused on positioning their small to mid-sized organization for funding.
- “BEST” (Business Enhancement through Support and Training). This Pathway combines the best of the NEO and P2P Pathways, with a focus on starting, sustaining, and funding a nonprofit.
Yes! As a Discovery Plus member, you’ll have access to ALL of our On-Demand e-learning webinars and materials. You can access On-Demand webinars anytime, day or night!
The Pathways are just an added benefit that will help you to stay focused on your goal.
*Discovery Members have access to all On-Demand webinars listed on our public website!
Yes, definitely! When you join the Discovery Plus program, we’ll show you how – step by step! 🙂 Once you are “ready” to apply for funding, you’ll submit applications to mission-aligned funders. Each funder has their own deadlines and schedules for review. While there are funders that will review your grant application within 30 days, most funders only review grant applications 2 to 4 times each year.
Yes! We send monthly grant alerts covering 9 program areas: Animals, Arts and Culture, Community, Education, Environment, Faith-based, Health, Human Services, and Social Justice.
- We do not research grants for a specific organization unless we are engaged in proposal writing.
- Discovery Plus members are coached on how to specifically identify mission-aligned funders.
Discovery Plus Members have access to forms templates which will save hours of research and writing or paying for these forms online. The templates are fully customizable. Available templates include:
- Grant – Proposal Templates
- Board Documents and Policies
- Risk Management Policies
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Volunteer Agreement
- And sooooo much more!
Yes, of course! 🙂
- Discovery and Discovery Plus members have 24/7 access to all On-Demand webinars offered on our public pages during the term of their membership.
- Lite members have access to complimentary On-Demand webinars listed on our public pages.
- Discovery Plus members may access Master-Classes at a discounted rate during their membership with us.
We include grant-writing tips, training alerts, and grant alerts. Community Heroes Newsletters are emailed monthly. For each grant opportunity, we include the following details (when provided by the funder):
- The Funder’s name
- Opportunity deadline
- Opportunity Amount
- Funder’s mission or priority causes
- Where to learn more and apply
Not at all! We’ve designed Pathways to help you stay focused. Our lessons range from 30 minutes to just under 2 hours, and there’s 12 lessons. So, that’s just 1 lesson per week! Now, if you are an over-achiever, you can literally finish every lesson in 1 to 4 weeks!
IMPORTANT: Community Heroes memberships are not a magic elixir. You (or someone on your team) will have to do the work in order to reap the rewards of funding and sustainability. 🙂
Yes, though we’re not sure why you would! You can cancel your membership at any time by contacting email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Because we provide Discovery and Discovery Plus members with upfront benefits, there are no refunds issued for these membership cancellations – regardless of the date of upgrade or cancellation. You’ll have access to benefits until your paid term is scheduled to end.