About the Course
Volunteers are a fundamental part of our American fabric, and they play an important role in our community. Volunteer activities can include anything from caring for children, feeding the homeless, and rescuing animals to protecting our natural resources and environment. Unfortunately, many nonprofit organizations are not utilizing the help and support of volunteers, because they are not aware of how to locate, onboard, and retain them. This training explores not only the many roles that volunteers can take on within your charitable program, but also how to plan for your volunteers, how to locate volunteers, how to mitigage legal issues surrounding volunteers, and finally how to value and retain volunteers.
This course is designed to help new nonprofit organizations find and retain volunteers. It is intended for newly formed and small to mid-sized nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizational leaders.
Course participants should be able to:
- Understand why people volunteer
- Identify various volunteer types and roles
- Plan an effective volunteer recruitment strategy
- Become familiar with voluntarism laws
- Establish policies of practice that protect the volunteer and the organization
- Develop volunteer management and retention practices
- Know where to find additional resources for working with volunteers
At the conclusion of this course, it is our sincere hope that you feel inspired to lead the organization that you’ve always dreamed that you would one day lead. You have everything it takes to succeed. This course is just your reminder!
Onward & Upward!