Welcome to the course!
Starting a nonprofit 501(c)(3) is not a decision to be taken lightly. There are additional rules and regulations that are imposed on the nonprofit tax-exempt organization because it is a public organization that may receive public funding to further a charitable mission.
This training course was written to provide accurate information surrounding the activities that the nonprofit 501(c)(3) is and is not allowed to engage in.
This course is designed for anyone considering forming a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. Suitable for all levels of experience.
Course participants should be able to:
- Understand why nonprofits are established.
- Describe what makes the 501(c)(3) uniques.
- List the 8 approved IRS Tax Exempt Purposes.
- Understand the 7 steps needed to form a 501(c)(3).
- Describe the 4 “must have” planning documents.
- List ways in which a nonprofit organization can be funded.
- Describe activities that may risk your 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Determine which IRS Information Return is needed based on income.
- Explain who governs the nonprofit.
- List resources that will aid the new nonprofit.
At the conclusion of this course, it is our sincere hope that you feel inspired to lead the organization that you’ve always dreamed that you would one day lead. You have everything it takes to succeed. This course is just your reminder! 🙂
Onward & Upward!