About the Course
Understanding the “numbers” can be a challenge for may leaders, including leaders of nonprofit organizations. This practical course was written to help improve your understanding of — and ability to manage — the financial landscape for your organization. The course covers very practical issues and challenges in nonprofit finance, and includes essential budget and financial lessons to help you become familiar with these important documents.
This course is designed to help pre-startup, newly formed, and small to mid sized nonprofits increase their financial acumen and manage the organization’s financial resources successfully. Suitable for all levels of experience.
Course participants should be able to:
- Understand many nonprofit financial terms.
- Understand key budgets commonly used by nonprofit organizations.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the difference between a budget and financial statements.
- Identify the three major financial statements and their purpose.
- Develop skills at asking the right questions about financial statements and budgets
- Determine internal control policies suitable for your organization.
At the conclusion of this course, it is our sincere hope that you feel inspired to lead the organization that you’ve always dreamed that you would one day lead. You have everything it takes to succeed. This course is just your reminder! 🙂
Onward & Upward!