About the Course
Your nonprofit mission statement is your foundation. It shapes and influences everything your organization stands for and does. Your mission statement not only reveals what your organization does, it reveals how and why the organization does what it does. A good mission statement will help you clarify what to focus on, and will serve as the North Star for your nonprofit organization.
This course is designed to help nonprofit organization founders (and their board of directors) develop an awesome mission statement. It is intended for newly formed and small to mid-sized nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations.
Course participants should be able to:
- Define the term “Mission Statement”
- Understand the difference between a Mission Statement and a Vision Statement
- Understand the purpose of mission statements
- Describe mission statement advantages
- Learn to design and draft a mission statement
At the conclusion of this course, it is our sincere hope that you feel inspired to lead the organization that you’ve always dreamed that you would one day lead. You have everything it takes to succeed. This course is just your reminder!
Onward & Upward!