About the Course
Deciding to join a nonprofit board is a major decision. As a nonprofit board member, you have legal and ethical responsibilities that should not be taken lightly. If you are new to this role, you will likely have questions about your role and responsibilities. That is exactly why this training course was developed; to help you find your way to becoming an organization champion and asset.
This course is designed to help new nonprofit board members understand what is expected of them as (legal) nonprofit champions. It is suitable for all audiences over 18.
Course participants should be able to:
- Describe each board member role (position on the board)
- Understand the purpose of board committees
- Define nonprofit (sector) commonly used terms
- Understand the board’s collective and individual fiduciary responsibilities
- Identify resources for support
- Understand the key questions to ask before joining a board
- Understand the time commitment involved with being a board member
At the conclusion of this course, it is our sincere hope that you feel inspired to lead the organization that you’ve always dreamed that you would one day lead. You have everything it takes to succeed. This course is just your reminder!
Onward & Upward!
Click on the links below to access the webinar training!