Planning for Sustainability
There are many definitions for nonprofit sustainability. Our definition is:
Nonprofit sustainability results from the effective use of planning and resources to generate the money needed to achieve long-term outcome goals.
To be sustainable, a nonprofit must have a strategic plan that includes:
- Long-term measurable goals.
- A plan to achieve desired outcomes.
- Effective use resources (people and money).
- Attracting the right kind of money (not all income is good for your nonprofit type).
This lesson covers:
- Description of various nonprofit planning tools.
- Understanding nonprofit planning cycles.
- Who is giving to nonprofits and in what amounts?
- Understanding available money sources.